Mineral Specimen and Product Inventory Search
- Copper Mine Hill, Cumberland, Providence Co., Rhode Island, United States
- 8 x 6.5 x 2.5 cm - Sm Cabinet
Silky Actinolite with dark green color all of which are altered to some degree.
- Kola Peninsula, Russia
- 3.5 x 3 x 3 cm - Miniature
Needles of Aegirine 1cm suspended in phonolite(?) with brown embedded Lovozerite.
- Nantan Iron Meteorite, Lihu, Nandan Co., China
- 3.5 x 2 x 3 cm - Miniature
- Special Info
- Type Locality
This is a meteorite which fell in 1516 and not found until 1958. It is sawed on one side, so probably analyzed. You can actually see some alterations to a green mineral, indicating there is a component of nickel in the mineral. The Akaganeite is within the orange crusts at the top and sides and mixed with goethite.