Mineral Specimen and Product Inventory Search
- Lovelock mine, Churchill Co., Nevada, United States
- Ca2Cu9(AsO4)4(SO4)0.5(OH)9 9H2O
- 6 x 4 x 4 cm - Sm Cabinet
- arsenate, copper
I have previously sold this occurence Tangdanite as Clinotyrolite, which has been discredited as being the same as Tangdanite. Mindat also states: "Unique combination of elements (the only Ca-Cu arsenate-sulphate mineral known)."
The crystals are stunning in-hand and even more so under the microscope. These are flat-lying to about 2mm across. Some of crystals are free-standing.
- Jote mine, Pampa Larga dist., Tierra Amarilla, Copiapó, Atacama, Chile
- Ca5Al2(AsO4)4(OH)4 12H2O
- 3 x 3 x 2.5 cm - Thumbnail
- Special Info
- Type & Only Locality
Tiny, less than 1mm, colorless crystal plates of Tapiaite with bluish green Rruffite. Very rare.
- Tip Top mine, Custer Co., South Dakota, United States
- 6.5 x 4.5 x 1.5 cm - Sm Cabinet
- phosphate, pegmatite mineral
The green of Tavorite is much better in person. It is a small area where the green of the Tavorite is brighter lime green. The rest of the specimen is crystallized Hureaulite.