Mineral Specimen and Product Inventory Search
- Black Mountain pegmatite, Rumford, Oxford Co., Maine, United States
- 9 x 4 x 5.5 cm - Sm Cabinet
- pegmatite mineral
Large dark red tourmaline crystal which multiple fractures rehealed with Quartz or Albite. Really neat specimen.
Collected in 1945 by Arnold Hampson. Read Hampson's bio here.
- Featured in Special Editions
- Mt. Vesuvius, Somma Complex, Napoli, Campania, Italy
- 0.3 x 0.3 x 0.3 cm - Thumbnail
- Special Info
- Type Locality
Green pulverulent crusts in capsule. Type Locality.
- Los Bordos mine, Elisa de Bordos, Copiapo, Atacama, Chile
- 8 x 3 x 5.5 cm - Sm Cabinet
Large flexible, thin plates of tarnished Eugenite. The exterior is a dull grey, but the subsurface is goldish to shiny grey-gold. Eugenite is a rare almalgam with Gold. The large plate at the center is 2cm across. Excellent specimen.