Fine Mineral Specimens Over $50
- Big Mike mine, Pershing Co., Nevada, United States
- 8 x 6 x 3 cm - Sm Cabinet
Alpersite was approved in 2003, but I haven't seen too many specimens of this mineral. It is a Mg-Cu sulfate and is post-mine. There are tiny crystals formless to tabular crystals less than 1mm and sugary aggregates. On this specimen there is also white, fibrous Pickeringite. This is the type and only locality. The lot that I have was verified by XRD.
- Majuba Hill mine, Pershing Co., Nevada, United States
- 7 x 4 x 3 cm - Sm Cabinet
- arsenate, copper
Bright green thin to almost fibrous acicular crystals. Excellent specimen.
- Khibiny Massif, Kola Peninsula, Russia
- 6 x 3.5 x 3 cm - Sm Cabinet
Coppery red long bladed crystals to over 1cm in syenite matrix.