Shipping, Returns & Payment Policy
This policy covers all shipping and handling methods, returns, and payments. For more information please see our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Shipping & Handling
We send all domestic and international orders through the US Postal Service and upon request we can ship FedEX or UPS, however the prices go up significantly. Orders within the United States are sent priority mail or flat rate priority with delivery confirmation, unless Express bu US Postal Service is requested. International orders are sent USPS first class, unless unless insured or Express is requested. We typically ship packages once a week, usually on Tuesdays or Wednesdays.
We have two different shipping options:
1) Registered users (ONLY) may select the option to have us hold (Queue) orders for up to four(4) weeks, which allows customers to combine multiple orders for shipment at a later date. This option is a courtesey to save you our customer money on shipping, however we ask that you respect our 4 week policy and have items shipped and paid for on a regular basis.
2) Regular non-queued orders will ship out at the next possible date assuming payment has been completed. Either Registered Users or Guest Users can select this option.
Specimens are packed with the highest quality wrapping material with extra padding for delicate specimens. For delicate or heavy specimens, we may charge handling fees, which will be included in your shipping/handling fees on the order invoice. Also, in the event that we need to collect additional fees beyond what has been noted on the invoice we will contact you with the estimated addtional charges. If you have questions about the shipping & handling fees please email us for at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Domestic Shipping/Handling Charges (United States)
As noted, domestic orders are shipped via US Postal Service Priority or Flat Rate Mail with delivery confirmation unless Insurance or Express is selected during checkout. We estimate shipping prices based on several variables including, number of items, weight, and size of box required. For special items that require additional care in wrapping or items that are heavy (i.e. galena, very fragile minerals, large specimens, etc.) additional fees have been included. Below are the prices for domestic shipping/handling as of 6/25/2020:
Minimum - USPS Priority or Sm Flat Rate $9.50
Standard - USPS Med Flat Rate $16.25
Large - USPS Lg Flat Rate $22.65
*USPS Exress - $45.00 (includes $100.00 insurance)
*Optional Insurance that can be selected during checkout - $8.00, for insured amount to **$500
*If order is over $500.00, an $8.00 insurance charge will automatically be added
**For orders that need to be insured for >$600 we recommend USPS Express
For questions about domestic shipping/handling email us at email@example.com
International (Outside the United States)
International orders are sent USPS First Class Mail, unless Express is selected or insurance is added during checkout. For international shipments, we estimate shipping prices based on several variables including, number of items, weight, and size of box required. For special items that require additional care in wrapping or items that are heavy (i.e. galena, very fragile minerals, large specimens, etc.) additional fees may apply. Since international orders are difficult to determine, extra charges may be necessary after shipment and initial payment. Below are the prices for international shipping/handling as of 6/25/2020:
Minimum - USPS First Class $25.00
Standard - USPS First Class $25.00 (for shipments containing 1-3 heavy or fragile items)
Large - USPS First Class $40.00 (for shipments >3 heavy or fragile items or a large box)
*USPS Express International - $50.00 (includes $100.00 insurance)
*Optional Insurance can be selected during checkout - $8.00, for insured amount to **$500
*If order is over $300.00, an $8.00 insurance charge will automatically be added
** For orders that need to be insured for >$600 we recommend USPS Express
For questions about domestic shipping/handling email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Regarding Customs forms required to ship ALL international packages:
- Dakota Matrix Minerals Inc. is not liable for international shipments involving but not limited to security and/or customs disputes or import fees or taxes.
- If our suggestions regarding Express shipping of expensive or special items, to allow for insurance &/or tracking, is not taken the customer assumes all responsibility for import fees, taxes, &/or lost, damaged items incurred during shipment. Additionally, if our suggestions regarding the best shipping method isn't heeded the customer will assume responsibility for the items & in the event of problems any possible refunds will be determined on a case by case basis.
Return and Cancellation Policy
We offer a money back satisfaction guarantee within 14 days of original shipment contingent upon the following requirements being met by the customer.
1. Our Terms & Conditions has been met. Please review this policy.
2. You have notified us of the return by email at email@example.com or phone 605 718 9130 (please call during business hours (9AM to 5PM, M-F) US Mountain Time.
3. You are the original buyer.
4. Item(s) are returned with all original identification labels.
5. All items are returned in the original packaging. If an item is damaged or lost during its return trip NO refund or credit will be offered. If the original package was damaged upon delivery, please consult with your post master for your options. Options may include sending back the original package within another box or taking photos of the damage.
6. All items are returned as sent (insured, priority mail etc., delivery confirmation) at the expense of the customer.
7. Item(s) must be an individual specimen. There are no refunds for micromounts or single $1 unmounted micros, microbags, mineral suites, printed or electronic media, maps or posters.
If a return is deemed acceptable by Dakota Matrix, we will refund the full or partial payment amount (excluding shipping/handling) via the original payment method (Credit Card, Paypal, Check etc.). If you prefer a credit to your account, toward the price of another specimen online, the credit must be applied within 90 days of the return. Returns post marked after the 14 day return policy mentioned above will be charged a 10% restocking fee.
Please note that we do not ship items “on approval”. Payment must be made first.
It is actually quite rare for items to be damaged or destroyed during shipment, however it does occasionally happen. If your package arrives with visible damage on the box make notes (or take photos) of the damage and carefully unpack and unwrap the items. If damage has also occurred to the items send us an email right away at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will determine the best course of action. We may issue a refund, a website credit, find a replacement, or if the package was insured file a claim with USPS or other carrier.
Please return all items to:
Dakota Matrix Minerals
PO Box 415
Rapid City, SD 57709
Orders must be cancelled within 10 days of original purchase date. This includes all or any items hold. After 10 days, a 10% restocking fee will be applied per item. All purchases on hold are final after 20 days.
Payments by Credit Card or PayPal will be completed with the security of PayPal’s merchant services. Please review our Terms & Conditions and all PayPal policies at www.PayPal.com LINK for further information.
We accept all major credit cards including Master Card, Visa, Discovery, and American Express. We also accept Paypal payments, personal checks from US customers only, and international bank account transfers or money orders (additional fees will apply to bank account transfers).
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time and allow exceptions based on our discretion.