Recently Released Special Editions
Hampson Colorado Minerals
Introducing the "Hampson Colorado Minerals" gallery which is part of our Special Edition galleries. This gallery contains mineral specimens for sale including zunyite and more from places like Zuni mine, Red Mountain dist., San Juan Co., Colorado, United States.
- Zuni mine, Red Mountain dist., San Juan Co., Colorado, United States
- 5.5 x 4.5 x 4 cm - Sm Cabinet
Murky but lustrous crystals of Zunyite to 2mm with Quartz. The crystals form simple tetrahedrons.
The Zuni mine is about three miles northwest of Silverton and is the type locality for Zunyite. It was originally located as a silver mine in 1881.
- Crystal System
- Crystal Habit
- Crystalline - Fine
- Good, None, None
- Vitreous (Glassy)
- colorless, gray white, pink, reddish white
- Isometric - Hextetrahedral
- Arnold G Hampson Collection