Recently Released Special Editions
Ore Minerals 5
A favorite subject amongst geologists/mineral collectors, the Ore Minerals SE will have several ore examples from some of the most famous mines in the world. Take a look at Ore Minerals 4 for a taste of what Ore Minerals 5 will be like.
- Green River Formation, Sweetwater Co., Wyoming, United States
- 12 x 11 x 5.5 cm - Cabinet
A compact columnar pure mass which transmits quite a bit of light.
The specimen comes from the Green River Fm, which hold the largest deposits of Trona in the world. The Trona occurs in layered deposits formed from evaporites of the Paleogene period 23-43 MYA.
- Crystal System
- Crystal Habit
- Fibrous, Columnar, Massive
- Perfect, Indistinct, Indistinct
- Vitreous (Glassy)
- colorless, gray white, grayish, yellowish, yellowish white
- Monoclinic - Prismatic
- Sub Conchoidal
- Chris van Laer Collection