Mineral Specimen and Product Inventory Search
- Likasi mine, Katanga, Democratic Republic of Congo
- 2.5 x 1.5 x 1 cm - Thumbnail
Blue needles of Buttgenbachite to less than 1mm with Malachite. Rare
- Basic Refractories mine, Gabbs, Nye Co., Nevada, United States
- 3.5 x 3 x 2.5 cm - Miniature
- carbonate, copper
- Special Info
- Type Locality
Callaghanite was first found at this locality, thus the type locality. It is a 6 or 7 locality mineral, but is only a copper-magnesium carbonate. The mineral was formed at the contact of diorite with serpentinized dolostone. The color is much like Azurite, an azure-blue. The crystals on this specimen are aggregated so there is not any single good crystals, which are usually quite nice.
- Camp Bird mine, Ouray Co., Colorado, United States
- 4 x 3 x 2 cm - Miniature
- sulfide, copper
Golden Chalcopyrite core with a Chalcocite(?) outer coating.