Mineral Specimen and Product Inventory Search
- Featured in Special Editions
- W. Fork Mine, Reynolds Co., Missouri, United States
- 8.5 x 5 x 6 cm - Sm Cabinet
- Ore Minerals
Dark lustrous brown Sphalerite crystals to 3mm totally covering lumpy colloform growths of brassy Pyrite. Neat specimen!
The W. Fork Mine is located in the SE lead-district in Missouri and is also a Mississippi Valley Type deposit in the Viburnum Trend. According to a paper on the W. Fork Mine the presence of rapidly deposited, collorform ZnS and FeS is an indicator that the ore fluids which deposited the sulfides in the central zone were more saturated with respect to metal sulfides (email us for link to abstract if interested).
- Commadore mine, Creede, Mineral Co., Colorado, United States
- 4 x 3.5 x 3 cm - Miniature
Dark brown to amber colored Sphalerite with a nice resinous luster.