Recently Released New Additions
Rare & Systematic Minerals
Introducing the "Rare & Systematic Minerals" gallery which is part of our New Additions galleries. This gallery contains mineral specimens for sale including fluorite and more from places like Ten Percenter mine, Teller Co., Colorado, United States.
- Ten Percenter mine, Teller Co., Colorado, United States
- 4.5 x 5 x 4 cm - Miniature
Of course this doesn't even come close to a fine Fluorite - It is just a good and large Fluorite for the locality. It is a faint green, eventhough the photos don't show it.
- Crystal System
- Crystal Habit
- Crystalline - Coarse, Massive - Granular, Disseminated
- Three perfect, octahedral cleavages.
- Vitreous (Glassy)
- purple, clear, yellow, green, red, blue
- Geological Setting
- Occurs in a wide range of geologic environments including low temperature Missississippi Valley lead-zinc deposits, hydrothermal gold deposits, Alpine cleft metamorphic environments
- Isometric - Hexoctahedral
- Chris van Laer Collection