Recently Released New Additions
Introducing the "Mixed Minerals" gallery which is part of our New Additions galleries. This gallery contains mineral specimens for sale including maskelynite, and sphalerite and more from places like Manicouagan Crater, Mont de Bablel, Quebec, Canada, and Picher, Tri-State Dist., Oklahoma, United States.
- Manicouagan Crater, Mont de Bablel, Quebec, Canada
- 6 x 4 x 1 cm - Sm Cabinet
Not an IMA approved mineral as it is actually a fused product of a meteorite fall. It is essentially a glassy pseudomorph after plagioclase. A document can be found in the American Mineralogist Jan-Feb V52.
- Picher, Tri-State Dist., Oklahoma, United States
- 9 x 6 x 4.5 cm - Sm Cabinet
Large deep red Sphalerite crystals with greasy luster to 2cm. In strong lighting the reds and yellowish green colors of the Sphalerite come alive. On the Sphalerite crystals are epitaxial Chalcopyrite crystals to 3mm.
- Crystal System
- Crystal Habit
- Euhedral Crystals, Granular, Colloform
- Perfect, Perfect, Perfect
- Resinous - Greasy
- brown, yellow, red, green, black
- brownish white
- Isometric - Hextetrahedral
- Willard L. Roberts Collection