Recently Released New Additions
Introducing the "Mixed Minerals" gallery which is part of our New Additions galleries. This gallery contains mineral specimens for sale including fluorite and more from places like Nancy Hanks mine, Unaweep Canyon, Mesa Co., Colorado, United States.
- Nancy Hanks mine, Unaweep Canyon, Mesa Co., Colorado, United States
- 6.5 x 5.5 x 4 cm - Sm Cabinet
This is one of the better Colorado localities for green Fluorite which occurs with amethyst.
- Crystal System
- Crystal Habit
- Crystalline - Coarse, Massive - Granular, Disseminated
- Three perfect, octahedral cleavages.
- Vitreous (Glassy)
- purple, clear, yellow, green, red, blue
- Geological Setting
- Occurs in a wide range of geologic environments including low temperature Missississippi Valley lead-zinc deposits, hydrothermal gold deposits, Alpine cleft metamorphic environments
- Isometric - Hexoctahedral
- Arnold G Hampson Collection