User Account Benefits
One of the best new features on the DMM website is the ability for customers to register for a DMM User Account. We'll admit that some of the reasons we want that all of our loyal customers to create a User Account are somewhat selfish....it makes our duties of invoicing & managing shipments much easier & far more streamlined, which in turn allows us more time to take photos & post new specimens online ;)
Of course we have made sure that there are MANY benefits for you the customer as well, including…..
- Expedited checkout – after completing your first order (Queued or otherwise) your shipping address is stored & doesn’t have to be re-entered each time. Additionally, you have the ability to add up to three addresses and select which one you prefer orders to be shipped to each time
- Queued Ordering – Queuing orders, or placing orders on hold, is only an option for registered users & by combining held Queued Orders for shipment you will save you $$$ on shipping. Please review our tutorial How & Why to Queue Orders for more information.
- View Past Orders – No more sorting through emails to find invoices, if you have a User Account you can view your Order History at any time!
- Creating a Want List – One of our goals is to provide quality mineral specimens that complete our customer’s collections. By adding minerals to your Want List you will be notified by email TWO times. The first email is an advanced notice before we publish the mineral to the website making sure you have every chance to snag that rare species on your Want List. The second notice is when the mineral goes live and is posted to the website.
- Creating a Favorite List & viewing your Favorites at any time – If you are logged in to your account you will have the option to add specimens for sale online in any of our galleries to your Favorite List, essentially bookmarking specimens so you can go back and view them at any time. You can view, add, or manage your Favorite Minerals anytime under “My Account”.
- Download Photos of specimens you order – that’s right, if you have a User Account you will be able to download the photos of each specimen you purchase! That’s right. No more right click & save as – after your orders are completed & paid (queued orders released for shipment) you will have a link in your order history to download a zip folder with the photos of the specimens in your orders. Please keep in mind these photos are for personal use only, and should not be used for commercial and/or resale purposes such as Ebay, auction sites, or other commercial websites used to sell minerals or other products. You may use these photos for your personal phto entries on Mindat or Webmineral. We ask that you keep our watermark on the photos.
- Customized Home Page Slider – The slider on the Home Page below the Gallery marquees will slide through your selections of Favorites, displaying the first six thumbnail photos of specimens you have marked as your Favorites.
- Access to the Archived Sold Gallery – The Archive Sold Gallery is where many of our specimens end up after they have been sold and purged from the Sale Galleries and only Registered Users have access!
- Special notices & emails about Special Editions – if you are a Registered User you may get special emails or notices about upcoming Special Editions, Sales, Announcements, special limited promo codes etc. just a little before our other users, just a friendly head’s up for our best customers ;)